Friday, July 20, 2012

I love the DMV

So I lost my non-drivers licence. I went to a Counting Crows concert on Tuesday and wanted to bring as little as possible in my pockets, so I just had keys, my iphone, my non drivers license loose from my wallet. and of course I lost it.

I invented reasons not to go on Wednesday and Thursday (too hot) but on Friday, I went to the DMV on 34th st/Herald Square. As I stood in the introductory "information" line, where they direct you inside the cavernous room to the second, purpose-specific line, as I stood at least 7 twists away from the counter, only in that state of desparation did I think "maybe I can do this online?!"

I just ordered a replacement nondriver's license online in under 2 minutes for $8.

bravo, NY State government!

2 comments:

Jimio said...

The internet can be our friend!

Philip Sells said...

So how many crows were there?