Monday, April 28, 2008

Lots of Nationals and I'm So Tired

Sorry I haven't posted in ages, I've been busy attempting the quadrathalon of scholastic chess nationals--just got back from Dallas 1 hour ago (girls'). Last weekend was Atlanta (high school), and two weeks from now is elementary (Pittsburgh). I doubt I can string together a coherent thought, but here's some pictures for you. Sometime soon I'll post some games, positions, and a story or two. Caroline Zhu, under 12 winner
Amanda Mateer and Emily Francis -- High School bughouse champions
Courtney Jamison, who will play in the US Women's Championship next month. She came second in the Girls 18 and Under section last weekend.

Medina Parrilla, winner of the 18 and Under
Darrian Robinson, Jasmine Fermin, and Angelica Berrios. It may not look likely, but their average rating is 1700.
Jasmine and Angelica

slightly out of place: the high school blitz tournament
Alex Botez, Girls 18 + under

Gayatri Vempati, Girls 18 + under

1 comment:

chessdiva.show said...

Congratulations to all of the winners! I'm glad to see that more girls are playing chess these days!